Friday, September 14, 2012

My Job As A Veterinary Assistant

Veterinary AssistantIve always been the kind of person who enjoyed spending time alone in natural settings.  I found communing with the animals in the park was more enjoyable then hanging out with my fellow humans.  Because of my career I had to deal with people on a daily basis, and while i am a kind and considerate person,  I just couldn't handle the daily onslaught of negativity that these people brought with them.  My animal friends exhibited none of these qualities.  They were always friendly and inquisitive, usually playful and carefree.  This led me to make some decisions regarding my career.  It was time for a change, so I decided to work with animals instead of people.  I found a job working as a veterinary assistant in a local animal hospital.  My job responsibilities require me to hep care for and interact with the patients in the hospital.  I have spent a great deal of time after my shift was over keeping an animal company while they were being treated.  They were often scared and lonely and in pain.  It was obvious that they appreciated my attention.  Is that not the perfect work situation, one where you stay an hour after you shift ends and you don't even realize it?  A veterinary assistants salary is alright for now, but I am starting school to become a veterinarian this fall.  In the mean time.  I am learning how an animal hospital functions and what these animals go thorough when they are here.  I am much happier since I have made this career change.  Check out careertrove.org for premium information on a variety of careers.


No comments:

Post a Comment